I've been online tonight researching some things I had heard about with Histio and came across a good video I'd seen awhile ago and thought I'd share.
="
I was also excited to find a wonderful organization called SuperSib for Gracie. I registered her and look forward to her being involved. I am also considering sending her to Camp Sunshine in a few weeks for the Sibling weekend if we can get her in. We are learning that this is something that we don't need to pretend isn't affecting her and we are going to be more active about involving her in these types of programs. Because Grant's disease is so rare, it is thrown in with the cancer crowd so often and I was very anxious about jumping into that pond. Because that isn't our disease. But it is. His treatment is the same, his fears are the same (thankfully not to the worse case, but he still is scared) and so are hers. Even tonight I was reading the reports from last week's Histio convention and they are now saying maybe it is a cancer because it does spread according to one doctor, which is something that is controversial. The fact is they just don't know. All that to say, I think it will be wonderful for Gracie to meet some kids that are also SuperSibs!
2 comments:
The video was wonderful. I think the camp sounds like a good thing for gracie.
Good for you!
Post a Comment