Today was wretched. Absolutely horrible. I hate to be so honest, but that is why I started this thing. And honestly, it makes me feel better to get it out.
The school nurse called at about 9:30 saying that Grant was complaining about his back, asking for his shell and having diarrhea. The diarrhea is the least of my concerns, that is just from the antibiotic. He was toe walking out the door this morning and said his back felt better.
I fell apart when she called, then when I got to the school I needed to tell his teacher, the pre-k coordinator, the nurse and the counselor what was going on. They are all so wonderful and are going to make the school aspect of this very easy. Which was comforting, but it was hard to repeat again.
We were able to eat lunch with Gracie before we left (she appeared in the nurses' office to say hi). He seemed fine.
We got home and laid down for a nap. After the nap we snuggled on the couch and watched Polar Express and played with his train. All the while he was steady complaining about his hurting spots. He has been complaining of his forearm for a few days and also his ankle and toes. He grabbed his side (exactly where his rib lesion is) at one point and said his side hurt. Then he said he had a headache. I am realizing that his body is clearly under attack. The disease has somehow awakened and is in full attack mode. I am fully expecting that we will find many more spots on the skeletal survey on Wednesday. Why I don't know, but it is clear. He just says he doesn't feel good and when you ask where it hurts he says all over.
I was planning on going to the Emmaus gathering tonight. But I couldn't get it together in time. So I went shopping for Christmas. A little retail therapy is always good! I got almost all their Christmas presents and finished up the rest online tonight. So I guess it was productive, even though it wasn't enjoyable.
We are having a family picture taken tomorrow. So time to paste on a smile and suck it up. Oh yeah and I have a cold. I am off to bed, to take some Nyquil and pray for a better day tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment