Chad is spending the weekend hunting and Gracie was at Avery's last night, so Grant and I took the opportunity to go on a date. At first he blushed and said it isn't a date. But then he admitted it was a date. We went to Target then to see Despereaux. What a perfect movie for our brave little boy. He was so sweet. He held my hand and opened the door for me. He said, "I am a gentleman."
After the movie he went on a few rides at Hollywood Connection. I asked him if he liked the movie and he said, "It was so good it made tears want to come out of me."
We made one last stop at Barnes and Noble to get a birthday present for Gracie and to get a Despereaux book for Grant. I am excited too because I got some books too. I haven't read a book for pleasure in some time. I am always reading some sort of Bible study type book or how to book. I am looking forward to reading a novel. We are going to NC next weekend and Chad is taking the kids skiing. So, I'll have plenty of time to sit by the fire and read. YIPEE!
Before we went on our date we had been snuggling a little before his nap. He was telling me of his hurting places. He said 'these days, but not right now' his back has been hurting, his head and his rib (on the front though, his previous lesion is on his back). Urg. He said something about it being ok that he was hurting and he was fine. I told him he was brave and he said, he wasn't. I had to explain to him that most other kids don't take medicine all the time and don't have hurting places. He conceded that maybe he is brave. Then this morning we were flushing his PICC line and taking medicine. He always pushes the syringe of medicine and saline after I draw up his blood. Today he said, "since I am brave, I want to pull the blood out too." So he did and did a great job. He's an amazing little guy!
Gracie called and wanted to know if Avery could sleep over. So we are here today just playing at home. I think I may make some soup and sandwiches to freeze. Or I may just stay in my pj's and read my new books!
1 comment:
how SWEET is that little gentleman!!!!! He is a gentleman, I never thought of it BUT HE IS.
I love that in a man.
Tears want to come out of me too.
Lucky Mom!! special moments on your date with your "little love" YOU are his lst choice for a date...and I think you always will be
Post a Comment